Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Build Fire Pit With Retainer Wall Bricks
When you go to an arthouse feature usually expect two things: that the film conveys a message and induce reflection, and the rest of moviegoers with whom people shared room with three fingers are straight and decent standard. A few days ago I saw the documentary Jesus Camp , and I realized I was right about the former. Only the former.
For those who have not seen the documentary, I can summarize that this is an evangelical summer camp where they teach children and teenagers to promote their beliefs (so that one might wonder too ... ) in order to save the Yunai Christ and prevent further going to recarajo. Obviously I left a lot in the pipeline, as the film goes further: states facts and attitudes of those who profess that religion, and how it affects their lives.
positive side, we can say that the documentary is quite fair: not only shows what the members of this evangelical movement, but exposes their arguments as well as confront them with the ideas of a radio, which is against exposing children to education tinged with fundamentalists.
But the reason for today's post is not exactly the banana and devote myself to comment on quality films. If you want more information, download the document with any P2P program, or search for reviews in specialized sites with more neurons and seriousness, topped with AdWords ads adorned with videos from youtube. Mine is more down to earth, to the ordinary Internet user (?).
The problem is that religions do not have too many, or even cry all possess the truth. Come on, it would have to endure: it is a consequence of free will. The big problem is the bigotry and intolerance. People to close by saying that love God, not love those who are headed, and less on the side. And in his confinement, believe that is a sinner worthy subnormal pity (or even hate) anyone who does not think like them or follow their own leaders.
Actually, this is a problem not only religions, but the whole belief system. But today we will not go that far. Concentrate on religion. Or rather, on the shortcomings of those who practice religions.
Those who fall into bigotry or intolerance thrown down the drain all the good they could do within the parameters of their religion. But it's not their fault, no. It was just bad luck that went wrong dispatched common sense, the least common of the senses. Life is a great irony.
Why
I write all this? Simple. Many can (or can, myself included) go see a documentary like Jesus Camp to understand what logic of these churches. It is true that there are many things that I can not agree (and yes, I'm not, like giving a cup hammering, saying there is no global warming, drop with seizures or worship and bless George W. Bush .) I can I qualify as bigotry, and say that exaggerate, you do not need go to such extremes, but that does not entitle me to laugh at the beliefs of others.
Because that's what he did, in several passages of the film, 90% of those attending that function.
If someone tells me that the world was made in 7 days and has 6000 years old, I can say is not true, and I will use logic and scientific evidence to prove it. If my call is stubborn, I will disagree, but I respect his approach. I am intolerant and I have many prejudices, but not these.
why it is so shocking to hear an ignorant public to laugh at a child giving sermons, or denying the Big Bang for religious reasons, or face a girl that tomato throwing tears and saying "No more (evil and sin). " It may look strange, you can have a chill. You can arching an eyebrow, to shake his head, but as I said the chamfer is 'unsporting' fun.
If there was some evangelicals in that room and Pentecostal practices akin to those shown in the documentary, I can never know. But I dare to assume that there will have been a good time to see their beliefs be cause for derision. Perhaps he retired at half role, perhaps endured in silence. Or perhaps brought out its part intolerant and condemned us all to the pan, do not know.
That night made the most short-sighted: those who boast, publicly or secretly to be right and do not respect the beliefs of others, waiting for the right occasion to run against all that do not share the ridicule, scorn. These should be run like native entertainment programs.
Because deep down, they are intolerant.
My final assessment: it is assumed that at least these people is projected to more open-minded. It seems that it is not. Or maybe the mistake was mine: the prejudice that the audience had.
The documentary, very good. The directors got what they wanted: a reality show. Ladies and won.
Auditorium, you lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment